Monday, March 30, 2015

Weekly Weigh-In - Week 2, 2015

Another solid week of great activity (averaged 13,000 daily steps on FitBit) and good eating.  That resulted in only a 1 pound loss this week, but that adds up to 10 pounds in two weeks.  

Yes, I'm a bit discouraged that it wasn't higher, but I am trying not to over-think it.  I so quickly adapted to my new nutrition plan of low-calorie foods, tons of veggies, and almost no sugar, that I had several days in a row where I was only eating about 1,100 - 1,350 calories.   With increased walking, it could be that my body might have actually conserved some calories or fat or whatever as
if I was starving myself.   Again, I reached out to Sean @ http://losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com/ for some insight and he suggested that I eat more, so then I had a few days when I was above 1,900 calories.  

Either way, I know too much to get too hung up on a daily or weekly measurement.  My commitment is unchanged:

  • Stay at around 1,700 calories per day. 
  • Walk at least 10,000 steps per day.
  • Avoid sugar as much as possible.
  • Don't quit.
Have a great week everyone!

Big Clyde


3 comments:

Daniel Weise said...

Hey, don't be discouraged, a loss is still a loss! Good job adapting and staying focused. Keep up the good work.

FredT said...

It is good to see you back and making progress. Keep up the fine work.

Sean Anderson said...

Excellent progress. A 5 pound a week average is amazing. Keep up the amazing work, Clyde. You're giving your body what it needs to run properly. Good food, enough food and good exercise. You're hitting the marks, my friend. I'm downright excited for you!!